Friday 20 September 2013

As Promised (or Threatened?)

Perhaps you have already seen the Moroccan inspired lamp that I had previously upcycled.  The shade languished about for a while like this.
Very gold, indeed.
 And now, for a closer look at this plasticky, frilly detail:
Complete with sparkly gold ties that remind me of Christmas tinsel.  And a rip in the plastic fabric.  Lovely!


At any rate, I was inspired to do something with ribbon! So, the gold plastic ribbon went away, never to be seen again, and the lovely scalloped edge was revealed.


Good bones!
One roll of lime green ribbon and a lamp swag kit later and I finally had a light over my vanity table.  Now I can actually see my face when I am applying my makeup!  I know, everyone here in my neck of the woods is grateful.  Finally, two versions of the finished project:  lit and unlit!



 Now, to find an old ratty shade with "good bones" for the other side of the room!  Off to thrift stores I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment